My own headlines

Quite ‘boring’ news became newspaper headlines last few days. I guess it’s just not my choice of genre. Nevertheless, the two news below manage to grab my attention. There were not headlines, though. You could find it in the middle of the newspaper, at some small corner thus I paste it here for those who might have missed it  [the purple notes are my thoughts while reading it].

KUALA LUMPUR: The family of missing contractor Wong Fook Onn, who was found murdered on Sunday, is upset with police investigations into the case. Wong had been missing since March 14 and his family began a search for him after lodging a police report in Subang Jaya the following day. “We did not hear anything from the police for a few days, so I decided to do my own investigation last Friday,” Wong’s father Kim Sai told a press conference at Wisma MCA here yesterday. “I used a spare remote control we had for my son’s blue Proton Saga that he drove to locate the missing car,” he said. “I was driving around Taman Medan, off Old Klang Road, and by pressing the remote control found the car after its alarm went off.” [What? So easy?] The car was found just before midnight, but he did not touch the vehicle as it was a police case. “However, when I called the police officer assigned to my son’s case, he told me to drive the car home,” he said. [OMG OMG OMG]. MCA Public Services and Com¬plaints Department head Datuk Michael Chong, who held the press conference, said that Kim Sai refused, and spent the night by the car to ensure the evidence was untouched. “How could he drive his son’s car home when this was a case under investigation? The police should have done a better job,” Chong said. A police unit came at noon the next day to inspect the car and tow it away. On Sunday, the family was alerted by a Sin Chew Daily reporter that a body was found in an abandoned house near the car. [by reporter?] The description of the body matched that of Wong. Kim Sai said the last person who was with Wong is believed to be a foreign worker hired for some construction work. The family could not trace the worker. Yesterday, the family collected Wong’s remains from the Uni¬versiti Hospital mortuary. Meanwhile, Petaling Jaya OCPD Asst Comm Arjunaidi Mohamed said a forensic team had checked the car for evidence and returned it to the family.


SHAH ALAM- A 10-year-old boy was electrocuted when he accidentally fell and touched an exposed high-voltage wire on a lamp post at a playground near his house.[playground??? and I’m here trying not to follow my son everywhere he goes while we are in the playground to avoid being over-protective?] Mohd Naqiuddin Marzuki was on his way home from the playground on Saturday after a football game with his friends when the incident occurred at about 6pm. The victim’s father, Mohd Marzuki Muda, 44, who was at home at the time of the incident, said he rushed to the scene after being informed about the accident. He said his son was motionless with his leg still in contact with the lamp post. Mohd Marzuki, however, managed to pull his son away from the lamp post using a wooden stick, before rushing him off to the KPJ Selangor hospital where Mohd Naqiuddin was pronounced dead. “I managed to pull him away from the lamp post but after an hour at KPJ (Selangor hospital), the doctors told me that my son was dead,” he told reporters yesterday. Yesterday, Mohd Naqiuddin’s body was taken to the University Malaya Medical Centre for a post-mortem before burial in Jerteh, Terengganu. Meanwhile, resident Razali Ab¬¬dullah, 52, claimed that it was the second such incident in the area, adding that a child was almost electrocuted about two years ago. Despite the numerous complaint letters sent to the Subang Jaya Municipal Council, he claimed no action had been taken. “We are all saddened by the incident and we hope that MBSJ will take appropriate measures after this,” he said. Subang Jaya OCPD Asst Comm Zainal Rashid Abu Bakar confirmed the case. Police have classified the case as sudden death. [somehow it sounds like  negligence?]

Source: NST & The Star

Well…maybe I watch too much CSI. But isn’t human life meant so much more than anything else that it should be treated in a much better way….Condolences to their families. It must be very hard, I can’t hardly imagine.


2 responses

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s