As all analysts talking about their Top XI, I pun sibuk laa nak list down my 4-4-2 line up gak hehe…..bear in mind that my line up will be bias coz I didn’t watch every game and my tactical knowledge is almost equal to zero:)
1. Casillas – 4 years ago it was Buffon’s time, now it is his turn. Despite his young age, he has more than 100 caps already – that was no doubt a fine achievement! This certainly is his prime time, to win the WC as a captain (+with beautiful WAG right by his side). What else could he ask.
Sama cantik sama padan ek?
2 & 3. Puyol & Pique: Tight defences that certainly manage to block any strikers to even come near to the goal post. Also, have to admit Puyol’s goal against Germany was beautiful. How he jumped high in spite of being surrounded with mannschaft’s tall players.
4. Defense: Lahm – my favourite defender coz of his ability to assist in midfield and even going deep. They said that’s what modern defender style should be. Btw, congratulations to captain Lahm on his wedding yesterday (14 July 2010) to Claudia!
He looks smaller than the bride, isn’t he?
5. Defender – I’m short of one defender here which proves I didn’t watch that many games. Cannavaro certainly is out of picture [sorry hunky, haha]. Friedrich is okay but I don’t think he is top XI. I admire Vidic, too but it will be too bias to put him here haha… I heard Ryan Nelsen from NZ is very good, thanks to him NZ was the only unbeaten team at the tournament. Unfortunately I did not a chance to see him playing. Perhaps next time.
6 & 7. Xavi & Iniesta – For their extremely high standard passing games that tire opposition. I believe they can even pass the ball in blindfolded (perhaps that’s what they did in practise? huh…)
8. Schweinsteiger – He plays very crucial role, being a playmaker especially when they played against Argentina and Uruguay.
9. Keisuke Honda – I know the qualified analysts will not put him in Top XI, but I just love his courage and high-spirit attitude in leading the team. They fought until the end, very focus and come to think of it – not many free kicks in this WC leads to goal, but his did.
10. Forlan – Have to admit, for Uruguay as an underdog to achieve 4th place was amazing and all thanks to him. Again, another playmaker that manage to energize the team. We could see he gave 100% in the games, some thing a lot of player lacking of.
11. Mueller – my new favorite player. I have to admit I don’t know who is he before the WC. But he certainly shine. He shows the quality of a gifted striker, where they seems to know where is the goal post & the goal keeper without looking at the goal itself.
Okay there you go my Top XI….my last entry for this WC 2010. See you in EURO 2012! 🙂