I have to postpone the Perhentian entry coz I have not retrieved the picture from Along. A lot of pictures was in his camera. In the meantime, I have to talk about the WC.
I tried to restrain to talk about WC. Coz I know a lot of my female readers don’t favor it. But the world is now watching one of the most entertaining football. Since June 11th, the urge has built up inside me. Continously, I witnessed more and more clever foot skill. How can I not talk about it?
I just have to admit, I am a football junkie. No matter if no one going to read it. I will read it myself in 4 years time:). Let me bore your with my tidbits so far:
- My favorite player last WC, Lahm return wearing the captain band. I’m so impressed with his moves last WC. Wished I can play like him. But the Deutsch has yet to show their true strength. I hope they do soon.
- My another favorite player, Cannavaro also wearing the captain band, still. Is he really 36 years old? He looks like 26. Seriously, just google-image his picture!! OMG!!! Well, Italians have yet to show their best. I really hope they are through at least to Quarter.
- I don’t know if the Italian’s reserve keeper is at par with Buffon or not. Honestly, Buffon is the only Italian keeper I know. But my favorite keeper has to be Saint Iker.
- After ‘kampung’ session by Switz, finally Spain got his first win. For so long they are the underdogs, and now finally they are the favorite. Their keys are Xavi and Iniesta. Perfect carrousel as my ‘pak menakan’ Alex Ferguson said:).
- And for Villa to fill up Raul‘s shoes? It is a BIG challenge. Raul was like Spain’s Prince. But Villa is doing well with 2 goals up as at now. [tapi mungkin rupa paras tak dapat menyaingi..sempat lagik tu komen chett…]
- France all tear up without Zidane. It proves how one man can change a team. They are talking about quitting the last game against South Africa. What an un-sporty move it is. Someone has to unite the team. Fast. For pride and honor.
- Portugal without Figo is also not the same. But they manage to tear North Korea last night. Talked about the Asian teams, I’m proud to the fact that they manage to reach the World Cup stage. Just by reaching there proving that they are at par with other European giants. If only Malaysia have that spirit…
- Park Ji Sung‘s goal – superb! They know they are at disadvantage hence they play smart. Okay fine, I’m being bias. Still, it was a great goal.
- Messi – his footskill is beyond description. But what I admire the most is his humility (a bit like Kaka). Coz a lot of players are good with foot skill and tactical, but fail the harder psychological test.
- Oh yeah about Kaka..he didn’t deserve that RED card. But Brazil has tremendous stock of good players to worry about one RED card player. Imagine if Rooney get it? *Everywhere in England will start getting chaotic. *
- England? Another dissapointment. I’m glad I did not support them this year. Although people are saying Gerrard and Lampard can finally play together (After how many years??? come one guys…), they are yet to prove their presence in this world stage.
- Why are people using handball everywhere now? Fabiano with his goal, Vidic with his defense (okay, that’s not on purpose – again, my bias Man-UNITED die hard statement haha…).
- FINAL PREDICTION: A lot of people love to see Argentina – Brazil. They have shown their best starting early in tournament. But I also love to see Spain or Germany. We’ll wait when we reach quarter before elaborating further.
Last but not least, Fabio’s googled-image for my female readers: